Now that you have a Data Recovery USB drive ready, connect it to the affected PC, and start following the steps below:
- Enter the Boot Menu by turning on your system with the Boot (F12) key.
- Select the USB drive (bootable recovery drive).
- The software interface appears on the PC screen.
- Select “All” or only the files you want to restore.
- Select the drives/locations on the “Recover from” window.
- Click Next > Analyze. A list of recoverable files will appear at the end of the scanning process.
- Connect an external drive to the computer, click Browse, select it and recover data.
- Click Start Recording and wait for the process to complete.
After the recovery process is complete, you can remove the external drive. Use the USB installation media (created using the Media Creation tool) to repair the system or reinstall Windows with it.
Whether you’re experiencing a BSOD (blue screen of death), boot failure, “system won’t boot” error, or hardware crash, you’re at significant risk of data loss. It is therefore advisable to always keep a backup copy of your data.
However, no need to panic if your system suddenly dies. You can also use the system hard drive as an external drive to access your data but use BIOS utility to change bootable media to USB, or reinstall Windows with USB installation media to recover Youtube data.
The most effective and safest method to recover data from unbootable system is to opt for a secure data recovery tool, such as Stellar Data Recovery also Professional for Windows . This software is easy to use and also comes with a powerful mechanism to recover data from corrupted, formatted or crashed PCs.